HSE International

Civil engineering company fined after worker Darren Richardson fatally crushed

RMB Contractors Ltd worker Darren Richardson was crushed between a 21-tonne tracked excavator and a stationary dumper truck in December 2014 …

ECA: ‘Electrical accidents continue to fall’ by Paul Reeve CFIOSH

The fall in accident rate is the result of an industry-wide effort from member companies and their employees, and the ECA and Unite, notably through the now-completed ‘ZAP’ initiative …

electrical industry initiative JIB ECA Unite

New electrical industry initiative aims for Occupational Health Step Change

A major new initiative will be launched in January 2018 to help safeguard the health of around 12,000 operatives across the electrical industry …

Triumph for Considerate Constructors Scheme National Award Winners 2017

On 2 and 3 November, the Considerate Constructors Scheme’s Most Considerate Companies and Suppliers were crowned at this year’s National Awards in London …

Engineering firm in court after worker diagnosed with HAVS

The employee, 29, working at Taylor Engineering and Plastics Limited, was exposed to vibration from tools used to sand components. An investigation …

Otto Simon – Award Winning Engineering Solutions

Chris Bridgland, Managing Director at Otto Simon Ltd discusses award winning engineering excellence in the coke/steel, industrial and process sectors …

Sowga® – Delivering Innovation, Energy Efficiency & Compliance in Buildings

HSE International speaks to Aaron Giudice of Sowga® Ltd about ‘Integrated Engineering Solutions’ that protect and improve the built environment …

Big Ben silenced – a necessary precaution or health and safety gone mad?

Paul Vickers, Health and Safety Advisor with the ELAS Group, gives opinion on the silencing of Big Ben following media reports of a health and safety “excuse” …

Tata Steel fined £1m after uncontrolled release of toxic substances

In June 2011, a large quantity of toxic Benzole was released at a Tata Steel site in Scunthorpe. Appropriate safety measures had not been taken to prevent ..

Ilfracombe landlord Allan King sentenced after endangering tenants with unsafe gaswork

In September 2016, Allan King replaced a boiler at his rented property despite have no training in gas work and not being registered with Gas Safe Register