HSE International

Celebrate RoSPA’s 100th birthday at this year’s Safety & Health Expo

Join in with RoSPA’s centenary celebrations and enjoy a host of expert advice, discounted training and services, and giveaways from the safety charity…

Pyeroy Ltd fined after MEWP incident leads to death of worker Keith Stevens

In October 2013, Pyeroy Ltd employee Keith Stevens was helping to dismantle temporary roofing at Devonport Naval Base using a MEWP…

Worker punctures lungs falling 8m through Salford storage shed roof

The man fell through a timber storage shed roof in 2016 and suffered multiple injuries including a broken leg, elbow and ribs. He punctured his lungs and also had his spleen removed as a result of the fall…

Vertellus fined after uncontrolled chemical fire involving Vitride

In May 2014, the large fire at a Vertellus premises involved large quantities of dangerous substances including Vitride, and was declared a major incident..

Two companies fined after electrical worker suffers extensive burns

The man, employed by Park, Gate and Company Ltd (PGC), cut a live cable while carrying out electrical work and suffered burns to his face, arms and hands…

PASMA appoints Regional Representative for the Middle East

PASMA, the international not-for-profit authority for the mobile access tower industry, appoints Suresh Kumar as regional representative for the Middle East…

CFTS Thorough Examinations: the quality controlled process

Although more and more companies are adopting CFTS Thorough Examinations as their standard of choice, even Thorough Examinations need thorough examinations to guarantee confident compliance for truck users…

G & S Roofing fined for safety failings despite public reports and prohibition notices

Concerns were raised by members of the public about work at height carried out by G & S Roofing Ltd. The company twice ignored written advice from HSE…

Thermal Engineering Ltd fined after worker Chris Davis injured his hand on metalworking lathe

Chris Davis, 63, was working at the Thermal Engineering Ltd site in Royson, when his hand became entangled in a manually operated metalworking lathe…

SUEZ fined after recycling worker scalded by hot ash and water

The worker was injured on 17 October 2014, when he was seriously scalded by hot ash and water at the Stockton-on-Tees site of SUEZ…