HSE International

Firm and Director fined after worker fell over 20ft while erecting scaffolding

The man, 20, was climbing a 25ft ladder carrying a 16ft scaffold pole weighing about 20kg. He suffered multiple fractures to his right leg and ankle…

Health & Safety Executive releases annual workplace fatality figures

Today, the HSE releases its annual workplace fatality figures, which exclude deaths on non-rail transport and those caused by occupational diseases…

Manchester paint manufacturer fined after worker suffers burns cleaning spray booth floor

A cloud of flammable vapour in the spray booth was ignited by the electric motor of the floor scrubber. The man was seriously injured, with 26% burns…

Warburtons fined £1.9m after agency worker Wayne Thorpe injured arm on bread line conveyor belt

CCTV footage revealed that while cleaning the bread line at the Warburtons Eastwood plant, Wayne Thorpe became trapped between a conveyor belt and moulder..

Steel company fined £1m after oxygen pipe explosion

The Sheffield Forgemasters Engineering Limited worker, 57, suffered life changing injuries after the explosion in 2013. He received third degree burns…

Celebrate RoSPA’s 100th birthday at this year’s Safety & Health Expo

Join in with RoSPA’s centenary celebrations and enjoy a host of expert advice, discounted training and services, and giveaways from the safety charity…

Pyeroy Ltd fined after MEWP incident leads to death of worker Keith Stevens

In October 2013, Pyeroy Ltd employee Keith Stevens was helping to dismantle temporary roofing at Devonport Naval Base using a MEWP…

Worker punctures lungs falling 8m through Salford storage shed roof

The man fell through a timber storage shed roof in 2016 and suffered multiple injuries including a broken leg, elbow and ribs. He punctured his lungs and also had his spleen removed as a result of the fall…

Vertellus fined after uncontrolled chemical fire involving Vitride

In May 2014, the large fire at a Vertellus premises involved large quantities of dangerous substances including Vitride, and was declared a major incident..

Two companies fined after electrical worker suffers extensive burns

The man, employed by Park, Gate and Company Ltd (PGC), cut a live cable while carrying out electrical work and suffered burns to his face, arms and hands…