HSE International

Landlord David Corry in court after ignoring gas safety Improvement Notices

Staffordshire-based landlord David Corry given suspended prison sentence after failing to provide evidence of gas safety checks despite warnings from HSE …

Which? tests reveals unsafe smoke alarm that fails to detect smoke

New Which? smoke alarm tests reveal that an expensive, smart smoke alarm failed to detect smoke in two fire situations and is named a Don’t Buy…

Drinks dispenser gas supplier in court after cylinder explosion causes serious injury

J & R Gases, a beverage gas supply company, has been fined after a gas cylinder exploded, leaving a worker with life-changing leg injuries…

Ilfracombe landlord Allan King sentenced after endangering tenants with unsafe gaswork

In September 2016, Allan King replaced a boiler at his rented property despite have no training in gas work and not being registered with Gas Safe Register

Self-employed plumber fined after Carbon Monoxide leak leaves residents in hospital

Philip Cannon carried out unsafe gas work on a boiler at a house in Pontardulais. The boiler was found emitting extremely high levels of Carbon Monoxide…

Perenco confirm death of North Sea worker

The man, identified as Tyron Jones, died on Monday 5 December following an industrial incident on the Perenco gas platform off the coast of Norfolk. Police and the HSE have launched a joint investigation…

World’s fastest gas detector prevents global warming via photonics

European scientists are developing a multi-gas detector to spot harmful emissions in milliseconds; a breakthrough for climate change prevention….

One dead and 22 hospitalised after ammonia leak at Carlsberg brewery

Emergency services were called to the factory in Northampton at 12.30pm on Tuesday, following reports of an industrial accident involving an ammonia leak…

Cardiff builder receives community order following unsafe gas work

A builder has been sentenced to 250 hours of community service for putting a home owner at risk following renovations to their house in Cardiff…

Security firms fined over carbon monoxide death

The investigation found that the firms failed to provide management systems to protect the welfare and safety of their employees, particularly lone workers.