HSE International

Engineering company worker loses leg after forklift accident

The Puma Engineering and Construction Limited employee was seriously injured and lost his leg from the knee down after he was hit by a forklift truck …

Construction firms fined £1.2m after tenant fell from balcony and fractured pelvis

The tenant was attempting to gain access to her flat when she fell 5.5m through a fragile cement sheet during refurb work onto the balcony walkway below …

Liddell’s Bakery HSE fine

Injury leads to amputation after unguarded mixer catches Liddell’s baker’s wedding ring

The Liddell’s Bakery worker was trapped in a food-mixing machine that broke bones in his left arm and resulted in an operation to remove his ring finger …

Primary School Board of Governors fined after reception pupil’s finger injury lead to amputation

The Board of Governors at a Mossley primary school has been fined after a pupil’s fingers became trapped in a toilet door that was missing a finger guard …

Boundary Scaffolding prosecuted after worker Jamie Mines was electrocuted

In 2016, Jamie Mines suffered a severe electric shock erecting scaffolding that touched overhead power lines. He had to have four limbs amputated after …

Wrexham County Borough Council fined after worker suffers HAVS

Wrexham County Borough Council failed to address HAVS issues despite an audit in 2011 which identified a failure to assess vibration risks to employees …

Scaffold inspectors in court after fake certificates lead to worker fracturing spine

The scaffolding had been signed off as safe for use by Stephen Harper and Garry Arnold. Both men appeared at Greater Manchester Magistrates’ Court …

Iceland fined £2.5 million after death of worker, Tony Hopkins, at Rotherham store

Iceland Foods has been fined £2.5 million after contractor Tony Hopkins, 58, fell 3m through a suspended ceiling and died as a result of his injuries …

Engineering firm in court after worker diagnosed with HAVS

The employee, 29, working at Taylor Engineering and Plastics Limited, was exposed to vibration from tools used to sand components. An investigation …

Drinks dispenser gas supplier in court after cylinder explosion causes serious injury

J & R Gases, a beverage gas supply company, has been fined after a gas cylinder exploded, leaving a worker with life-changing leg injuries…